THANKS FOR VISITING

Thursday, August 18, 2011

As Carrie would say "Shoes for Everyone"

Expats and LT's were raving all week about going to the "Exhibition Center". I didn't quite know what they were refering to but knowing that shopping was in the equation I was all in! 

The popular exhibition showcases consumer goods with a traditional celebration. Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Company (ADNEC), hosts hundreds of local and other middle eastern businesses (India, Egypt, Thailand).The event showcases family-friendly consumer goods, unique gift items, Arabic food, toys and games, handmade leather shoes and clothing along with an ambiance of togetherness during the month of Ramadan.

Handmade Egyptian Tob Sebleh

Egyptian Headdress


Indian Headdress


I LOVE these shoes. These are handmade leather shoes from India. I felt like Carrie in Sex and the City 2 when the shoemaker told me 75 dirhams ($20)...SOLD! I can't wait to wear them. I felt like Jasmine from Aladdin when I put those shoes on. I am going back before the exhibition is over to purchase more.

"Shoes for Everyone"   




Beautiful evening gown by Indian designer.



No comments:

Post a Comment